Thursday, November 4, 2010

What Do You Want?! : The Quest

In the last post, I announced that I was going to begin my quest of finding out what Black men want. No, I am not being biased. I'm also interviewing Black women to found out what they want from their counterparts. Together, we're going to disperse myths, create realistic views and demystify the dating realm. 

These posts will be popping up soon! So, I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes about love. 

"Love, I find, is like singing. Everybody can do enough to satisfy themselves, though it may not impress the neighbors as being very much." -Zora Neale Hurston 

Update--


My friends have convinced me to give a preview of the "What Do You Want" profile by posting my own!


Name: Miss Emme
Age: 22
Occupation: Student
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
Relationship Status: Single

What physical attributes attract you to a man?
Teeth, I love a great smile. A tall man is definitely preferred; so are warm eyes, smooth skin and basketball player's frame. I also like a strong sense of personal style. A man in a well-tailored suit always gets bonus points.

What intangible characteristics do you find important?
I value honesty and openness; and an intelligent man that can hold a conversation and leave me with something new. Generosity is very important, so is a quirky sense of humor. A gentlemen with confidence and ambition is very sexy.

What is your favorite thing about Black men?
Their strength and their ability to persevere.

Would you date men of other races? Why or why not?
I would. I've always been open to the idea. There's no particular reason why or why not.

If you could tell Black men everywhere the most perfect piece of advice, what would it be?
Give women everything that you want in return.

This one's for fun! If you could pick anyone in the world to take on a romantic date, who would it be?
I have three! Idris Elba, Common and Wale. They're each very different men. It'd be interesting to interact with them all.

There it is! The first "What Do You Want" profile. Let me know what you think!

bisou, bisou 
Miss Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment

adore it, hate it, share it