Wednesday, December 2, 2009

J'adore Him

The holiday season is soon upon us and if you haven't done your shopping already, here's a couple of cool conceptual gifts for the men you adore. I ALWAYS have trouble shopping for guys, but if all the coolest guys in the world lived in my head this is what they'd get. [ lol ]

THE GROOMER
 I'm sure every masculine manscaper would appreciate an authentic shave kit. I think of one of my only male cousins who appreciates an excellent haircut and well kept facial hair. This kit is from the high end company, The Art of Shaving, $150. It includes a Gillette Fusion Chrome Collection razor with pre-shave oil, shaving cream, a badger brush and after shave balm.  



THE GADGET JUNKIE
Got that good guy friend who's all gadgets, but wears glasses that look like they're from the 60s? He's modern and retro all rolled in one. Personally, you couldn't go wrong with a Retro Duo SNES Console. I mean it plays all old school Nintendo SNES and NES games! I even want this, but that's just me. The console runs for about $50 at Think Geek.






Another gadget that caught my eye is for the music lover/iPod enthusiast. This is specially for someone like my significant other, who dabbles in the art of DJing. I think the iDJ iPod 2 Channel Mixer by Numark is definitely something out of the box and thoughtful. The mixer is about $160 on Amazon.



THE SHOPPER
I don't think there's ever been an age where I've been so self-conscious when it comes to buying clothing and accesories for a man. Highly fashion conscious and in the pursuit of personal style, men have become especially difficult to buy clothes for. Dad being the only exception; he always appreciates a fine tie. But this holiday season a stylish cardigan goes a long way. The grey collegiate sweater from AE is about $50. The Buffalo Plaid Sweater from the Gap, also comes in a great red color for $80.
 

I also think that every dapper fellow needs a pair of great cuff links. Just make sure he has the proper shirts pre-purchase. I've learned that lesson the hard way. Hmmph! David Donahue makes an array of cool cuff links that you can find at Nordstrom's and this pair of knot links are $125.



THE FOODIE
This set is for the Food Network junkies that like to experiment in the kitchen and eat really great food. And nothing could please a foodie more than premium cookware. Get your favorite guy his Iron Chef starter kit [ lol ] from Cookware.com. Calphalon's Simply Stainless II 10 pc. set, $200, will not only make him smile, but get lots of use in dinners being made for you.  



And if all else fails, lovelies, can't go wrong with a gift card!

bisou bisou
miss.εmmε™

No comments:

Post a Comment

adore it, hate it, share it