Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My New Personal "It Girl"

Although, I have eternally loved Rihanna and she's just THE girl on the scene right now, I've come to find a new "It Girl." Solange!! and I must admit I was one of those naysayers when she first came out as an artist, but I feel this time around she's really come into her own and is no longer "Beyonce's little sister".

I'm an avid CL* reader and I've really taken notice of everything that's posted about her. Musically, her vocals are fresh, the music has that old school vibe and she's a great writer. I definitely dig her songs "ChampagneChronicNightCap", "Sandcastle Disco" and "T.O.N.Y", just along with the single "I Decided." Solange's style is just that quirky, glam, ever-so-slightly left of the trends and I dig it from the big hair right down to the YSL Spectator pumps. She's most definitely weird, but in the coolest way. And she curses like a sailor, but in a pretty girl voice. There you go, Solange Knowles, my new favorite starlet!

*CL=Concrete Loop*


Check out her blog HadleyStreetJournal.com and look out for her music, the album, Sol-Angel & the Hadley Street Dreams drops August 26th! The video for "Sandcastle Disco" premieres this Friday, August 16th on FN MTV.







bisou bisou
miss.emme™

No comments:

Post a Comment

adore it, hate it, share it